- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place steak in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish and season with cumin, salt and pepper.
- Arrange bell pepper and onion on top of the meat then pour the salsa over all. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes or until steak is fork-tender.
- Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve either hot or room temperature and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve garlic-mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa is gluten free NUTRITION: per serving: 257 Calories; 8g Fat; 38g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 597mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 6.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!