Salmon with Capers and Lemon
- olive oil
- 6 salmon steaks 6-oz.
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth or use homemade
- 1 lemon juiced and zested, divided
- 1/4 cup capers drained
- Heat a large skillet coated with olive oil over medium heat. Add salmon steaks and cook for 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- In the same skillet over low heat, melt the butter. Add broth and lemon zest and cook for 1 minute. Add lemon juice and capers and warm for 1 minute. Pour sauce over salmon steaks, serve, and enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and capers are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 208 Calories; 7g Fat; 34g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 188mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!