- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 medium eggplants diced
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 1 28-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or use low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add eggplant, bell pepper, zucchini and yellow squash.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, red wine (or broth) and thyme.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are just fork-tender (but not mushy). Serve and enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over grilled polenta; add a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes and wine (or broth) are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 131 Calories; 4g Fat; 4g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 26mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!