Red Onion Glazed Steak
- 2 pounds London broil
- 1 medium red onion quartered
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place London broil in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- Place remaining ingredients (onion through salt) in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth. Pour mixture over steak, seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- At the time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Grill marinated steak for 7 to 10 minutes per side or until cooked to the desired level of doneness.
- Allow steak to rest for 15 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain (diagonally). Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste until you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 777 Calories; 61g Fat; 41g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 159mg Cholesterol; 620mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 8 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 21
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!