Raspberry Pork Chops
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 4-oz. boneless pork chops
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup reduced sugar raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. In a small bowl, combine thyme, sage and pepper. Rub mixture evenly over pork chops.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, turning once. Remove from skillet and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- In the same skillet, combine raspberry jam, orange juice and vinegar. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce has reduced to desired consistency (it will thicken as it cools).
- To serve, spoon some of the sauce in a pool on each dinner plate and top with a pork chop. Enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and steamed green beans. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potatoes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast halves instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure raspberry jam and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 220 Calories; 8g Fat; 21g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 55mg Cholesterol; 47mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!