Puerto Rican Style Street Side Chicken
- 1/4 cup adobo sauce*
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole roasting chicken giblets removed, 5-lb.
- Aluminum foil optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, blend together adobo sauce, oregano and oil.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan and rub it (inside and outside) with the adobo mixture. Roast for at least 1 hour or until internal temperature registers 190 to 200.
- Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees and roast for an additional 10 minutes, or until chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Place roasted chicken on a cutting board, cover it lightly with foil (if desired) and allow it to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: If you can’t find adobo at your local store, you can make it by combining 3 tablespoons kosher salt, 2 tablespoons garlic powder, 1 tablespoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 tablespoon dried oregano and 2 tablespoons onion powder. Use what you need and save the rest for any other meal you desire.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with slivered radishes, chopped green onions, mayo, and a little rice vinegar). SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole wheat couscous. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure adobo is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 982 Calories; 69g Fat; 73g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 352mg Cholesterol; 459mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 10 Lean Meat; 7 1/2 Fat. Points: 25
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!