Pork Vindaloo Va-Va-Voom
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper de-seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 1/2 pounds pork shoulder trimmed and cubed
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 1/2 cups cooked Basmati rice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a blender or food processor, puree first 11 ingredients (vinegar through cloves). Place pork and onions in a slow cooker.
- Add vinegar/spice mixture along with onions, tomatoes and cinnamon stick and stir to combine well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Serve over hot rice and garnish with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, cucumber, and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette and topped with crumbled Feta cheese. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and prepare a meal on the stovetop, adjusting cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: Use a kosher beef roast instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and garam masala are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 693 Calories; 23g Fat; 34g Protein; 88g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 62mg Cholesterol; 167mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 18
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!