- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin cut into 6 cutlets
- 4 1/2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup red wine or use red grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup capers drained
- Place pork cutlets in a single layer in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. Seal bag and pound thin (about 1/8-inch thick), using a meat mallet or the bottom of a heavy skillet.
- On a plate, thoroughly combine flour and lemon pepper. Lightly dredge pork in flour mixture.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork cutlets and quickly sear, turning once, until golden brown (5 to 6 minutes).
- Add wine (or juice/vinegar) and lemon juice to the skillet. Shake the pan gently and cook for no more than 2 minutes.
- Remove pork from skillet and keep warm.
- Whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add capers. Serve a little sauce on top of each pork cutlet. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and “baked” sweet potatoes (“bake” in a slow cooker to keep your kitchen cool). VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork, BUT DO NOT POUND. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. Use oil instead of butter. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar) and capers are gluten-free. Use gluten-free flour. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 188 Calories; 6g Fat; 25g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 79mg Cholesterol; 262mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!