Pork Chops with Figs
- 6 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or to taste
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 12 figs halved
- Preheat grill to HIGH. Season pork chops with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Grill for 6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, bring balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and honey to a boil and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add figs and cook for 2 minutes. Serve pork chops with fig sauce. Enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of pork. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 293 Calories; 8g Fat; 31g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 95mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!