Pork Chops Cubano
- 6 4-oz. bone-in pork chops 4-oz.
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped oregano
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cups cooked bulgur
- lime wedges
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops for at least 15 minutes or up to 24 hours (see recipe). Cook bulgur according to package directions.
- Place pork chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together next 8 ingredients (garlic through oil).
- Pour mixture over pork chops, seal bag, turn to coat and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to HIGH. Remove pork chops from marinade and pat dry.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove pork chops from grill and allow them to rest for a few minutes before serving over bulgur.
- Garnish with lime wedges on the side, serve, and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust marinating and cooking time as needed. KOSHER: Substitute chicken thighs for pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Use quinoa instead of bulgur. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 379 Calories; 12g Fat; 27g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 56mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!