Pork Chop Suey
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 pound pork tenderloin cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup thin red bell pepper strips
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 8-oz. can water chestnuts drained and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or use orange juice with a dash of cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine flour and pork. Seal bag and shake well. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cook for 3 minutes or until browned then remove from skillet and keep warm. Heat remaining oil in the same skillet.
- Add next 6 ingredients (bok choy through garlic) and stir-fry for 3 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (broth through ginger).
- Add to skillet and cook for 1 minute or until mixture has thickened. Serve hot and enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice and add steamed snow peas on the side. VEGETARIAN: Skip the pork and add sliced zucchini and yellow squash. Replace chicken broth with vegetable broth. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free flour and make sure chicken broth, water chestnuts, vinegar (if using), sherry and soy sauce are gluten free. Use arrowroot powder instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 197 Calories; 6g Fat; 19g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 497mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!