Philly Steak Un-Sandwiches on Spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds beef tenderloin thinly sliced 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook till soft and browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Heat remaining olive oil in the skillet.
- Sprinkle steak with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add steak slices in batches (in a single layer-so that they will be evenly browned), and cook until reached desired level of doneness.
- To serve, arrange 1 cup of chopped spinach on each dinner plate, top each evenly with hot meat, cooked onions and a slice of Provolone. Allow the heat of the meat and onions to melt the cheese, serve, and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of celery and carrot sticks, grape tomatoes and cucumber spears. SERVING SUGGESTION: Use the spinach in a salad and serve the meat and cheese on hoagie rolls. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and use soy cheese. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 220 Calories; 7g Fat; 29g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 219mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!