Pasta with Tuna, Artichokes, and Roasted Peppers
- 1 pound penne pasta OR other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 1 6 ounces canned solid white tuna packed in water (drained and flaked)
- 7 ounces roasted red peppers drained and chopped
- 1 14-oz. jar artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary crushed
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and blend well. When pasta is done, drain well, and transfer to a large serving bowl. Add tuna mixture and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced tomatoes and English cucumber on the side. VEGETARIAN: Omit tuna and add some whole black olives and crumbled Feta cheese, if you like. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta, tuna, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 446 Calories; 11g Fat; 20g Protein; 67g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 12mg Cholesterol; 183mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!