Pasta Carbonara with Salmon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less, to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 14.75-oz. can salmon drained and flaked
- 12 ounces Fettuccine prepared as per package directions
- 9 slices turkey bacon cooked and diced
- Parmesan cheese finely shredded
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta according to package directions. Cook and dice bacon.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add tomatoes and vinegar.
- Raise skillet heat to medium-high and cook mixture until slightly thickened.
- Stir in half and half then gently fold in salmon, turkey bacon and cooked pasta.
- Heat through. Garnish with cheese, serve, and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad and garlic bread sticks. VEGETARIAN: Omit turkey bacon and salmon. KOSHER: Skip the bacon. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure bacon, canned tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and canned salmon are gluten-free. Use gluten-free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 421 Calories; 12g Fat; 26g Protein; 50g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 64mg Cholesterol; 939mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!