Panko-Crusted Cod with Tomato-Olive Relish
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced, divided
- 6 6-oz. cod fillets or use another firm-fleshed white fish
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (bread crumbs through oil) along with 3 cloves of minced garlic.
- Arrange cod in a single layer on a large, lightly oiled baking pan then gently press about 2 heaping tablespoons of bread crumb mixture on each fillet.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, olives, capers and remaining garlic. Set aside. Serve fish with the tomato-olive relish and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and steamed baby red potatoes tossed with a little butter and chopped flat leaf parsley. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of fish, adjusting cooking time as needed. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure olives and capers are gluten-free. Use gluten-free breadcrumbs or make your own from gluten-free bread. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 234 Calories; 6g Fat; 33g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 326mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!