Paleo Approved Chicken Salad
- 1 large egg yolk*
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup avocado oil OR grape seed oil OR olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves cooked and chopped
- 1 6-oz. bunch green onions chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes chopped, Roma
- 1/3 cup dried currants
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and chop chicken.
- Prepare mayo: In a medium bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients (egg yolk through vinegar). Drizzle oil in gradually and blend well.
- Place remaining ingredients (chicken through cayenne) in a large bowl. Pour Paleo Mayo on top and toss well. Serve and enjoy!
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: When you make your own paleo mayo, you need to use freshly washed organic pastured eggs, not conventional eggs. And if you're pregnant or nursing you may wish to consult with your health practitioner about eating raw egg. You can purchase an olive oil mayonnaise at most health food stores or use a vinaigrette instead.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve on butter lettuce leaves with sliced English cucumber on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 659 Calories; 52g Fat; 33g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 127mg Cholesterol; 852mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 10 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 18
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!