Orange Beef Stir-Fry
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 5 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon steak rub
- 3 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 3 shallots chopped
- 6 cups kale chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place steak in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a medium bowl, whisk together half of the garlic, the olive oil, vinegar, salt and steak rub. Pour mixture over the steak.
- Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours, turning bag occasionally. At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove steak from marinade and grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to desired level of doneness. Remove steak from grill and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining garlic and the shallots. Wait a couple of minutes then add the kale.
- Stir, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 5 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cut steak diagonally into thin strips and serve over the kale salad. Enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Toss salad with Leanne's Basic Vinaigrette. Add a relish tray of celery and carrot sticks, radishes, cucumber spears and broccoli, and cauliflower florets. NUTRITION: per serving: 527 Calories; 36g Fat; 37g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 113mg Cholesterol; 1083mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 14
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!