Mole Tender Chicken
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 plum tomatoes diced, Roma
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 4-oz. can diced green chilis
- Place chicken a large slow cooker and pour lime juice evenly over the top. In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients (cocoa powder through salt) and sprinkle mixture over chicken.
- Top with tomatoes, onion and diced green chilies. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION:Mexi-Cauli Rice (follow Day 2 directions for Cauli-Rice and add a little chipotle chili powder, chopped green onions and cilantro). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION:per serving: 159 Calories; 4g Fat; 21g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 80mg Cholesterol; 571mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!