Melon Shrimp Salad
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Sprinkle shrimp evenly with seasonings (salt through black pepper).
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until pink and opaque (do not overcook!).
- In a large bowl, toss together remaining ingredients (arugula through almonds). Add shrimp, toss again, serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Toss salad with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette and serve sliced English cucumber on the side. NUTRITION: per serving: 243 Calories; 12g Fat; 25g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 649mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!