Lemon Spinach Pork Chops
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 4-oz. boneless pork chops about 1/2-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or use low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- In a shallow dish, blend together first 5 ingredients (flour through crushed red pepper flakes).
- Dredge pork chops in this mixture. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and sauté for 3 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add wine (or broth) and lemon juice to the skillet and whisk up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan, simmering for 1 minute. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Arrange baby spinach on dinner plates and top each with a pork chop (the heat from the chops will wilt the spinach perfectly). Spoon the wine sauce over the chops and serve immediately. Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve “baked” sweet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes (“bake” in a slow cooker to keep your kitchen cool). KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken breast halves instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or broth) is gluten free and use gluten free flour. NUTRITION: per serving: 199 Calories; 6g Fat; 23g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 335mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!