Lemon Pepper Crock Chicken
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- In a small bowl or cup, combine oregano, salt and pepper.
- Rub mixture into chicken. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, add water, lemon juice and garlic.
- Bring mixture to a boil then pour over the chicken in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Add the parsley to the slow cooker during the last 15 to 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add baked sweet potatoes. KOSHER: Use olive oil instead of butter. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 489 Calories; 23g Fat; 66g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 217mg Cholesterol; 432mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!