Italian Sausage Red Pepper Pasta
- 1 pound Italian sausage formed into 1-inch meatballs
- coconut oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 large zucchini thinly cut lengthwise OR julienned
- 2 medium red bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Form Italian sausage meat into 1-inch meatballs.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Add sausage meatballs and cook for 10 minutes, turning them on all sides.
- Drain excess grease from the skillet then add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Reduce skillet heat to medium and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until zucchini and bell peppers are tender-crisp.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado and plum (Roma) tomatoes, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 445 Calories; 36g Fat; 19g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 86mg Cholesterol; 1323mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!