Honeyed Balsamic Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ghee or use coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight (see recipe).
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, except ghee (or coconut oil).
- Pour mixture over the chicken. Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight.
- At time of cooking, melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discarding marinade and bag). Add to skillet and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad of red leaf lettuce, sliced red onion, tomato and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 245 Calories; 2g Fat; 40g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 1053mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!