Grilled Eggplant Bruschetta
- 2 pounds eggplant cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 6 ounces low fat Feta cheese or use goat cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 crusty rolls split
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Brush eggplant slices with olive oil then grill for 4 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl, combine next 4 ingredients (mint leaves through red onion) and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve eggplant slices and some of the bruschetta on the rolls, with the remainder on the side. Enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, cucumber and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure sun-dried tomatoes are gluten free. Use gluten free rolls. NUTRITION:Per Serving: 346 Calories; 11g Fat; 14g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 13mg Cholesterol; 823mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!