- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts in water drained and chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add chopped chicken and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce skillet heat to medium-low and add next 6 ingredients (artichoke hearts through oregano). Heat through, about 2 to 3 minutes, then season with salt and pepper. Serve hot and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and white button mushrooms. Add a salad of mixed baby greens, thinly sliced red onion, cucumber and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve whole wheat couscous on the side. KOSHER: Skip the Feta cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned artichoke hearts are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 232 Calories; 6g Fat; 32g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 83mg Cholesterol; 536mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!