Garlic Red Wine Pork
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place pork chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, except coconut oil. Pour mixture over pork chops.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove pork chops from bag (discarding marinade and bag). Add to skillet and sear for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed rutabaga mashed with a little coconut cream, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg. Add a salad of chopped tomatoes, artichoke hearts, minced garlic and dried basil, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 377 Calories; 23g Fat; 32g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 89mg Cholesterol; 562mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!