From-Scratch Hamburger Buddy
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces egg noodles cooked
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook noodles according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink (about 10 minutes).
- Add onion, bell pepper and garlic and sauté until almost soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add next 5 ingredients (chili powder through cheese). Stir to combine, then heat through until cheese has melted.
- Toss mixture with prepared hot noodles and serve. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use TVP crumbles instead of beef. KOSHER: Use TVP crumbles instead of beef. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce and noodles are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 675 Calories; 8g Fat; 27g Protein; 48g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 105mg Cholesterol; 226mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!