Feisty Fiesta Turkey Wraps
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1/3 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese OR Mexican blend
- 1/2 cup Guacamole prepared or homemade*—your choice
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2 tablespoons low fat sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground turkey until browned, about 10 minutes. Add bell pepper, jalapeno and onion.
- Cook until peppers are tender-crisp then remove from heat, about 5 minutes.
- Fill lettuce leaves with turkey, shredded lettuce and cheese and top with guacamole, tomatoes and sour cream, as desired.
- Fold or wrap Romaine leaves around filling, serve, and enjoy!
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: To make guacamole: Smoosh up some avocado, salt, pepper, lime juice and chopped tomatoes to taste.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of cherry tomatoes, cucumber spears, sugar snap peas, and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve in warmed whole wheat flour tortillas; add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Skip the cheese and sour cream. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 207 Calories; 7g Fat; 31g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 181mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!