Eye of Round Roast and Oven-Seared Vegetables
- 1 3-pound beef round roast trimmed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper chopped
- 3 medium Idaho potatoes cubed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place beef in a large roasting pan and season with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss together next 6 ingredients (onion through olive oil).
- Arrange vegetables around the roast. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes then remove from oven and sprinkle beef and vegetables with chopped basil.
- Tent with foil and allow roast to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed broccoli spears on the side. VEGETARIAN: Instead of beef, serve baked Idaho potatoes topped with shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and the steamed broccoli. Add a big spinach salad on the side. KOSHER: Use a kosher beef roast. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per serving: 394 Calories; 13g Fat; 52g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 448mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 7 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!