End of Summer Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds tomatoes firm and ripe, diced
- 16 large basil leaves torn into strips, divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound Rotini pasta
- 1 10-oz. package frozen petite green peas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced tomatoes, half of the basil strips and the salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 30 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Reduce skillet heat to low. Meanwhile, cook pasta. When almost ready, add the frozen peas to the tomato sauce and carefully blend well.
- Pour the drained pasta into a large bowl and toss with the butter, remaining basil and tomato sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, cucumber and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. Add some garlic toast. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 286 Calories; 10g Fat; 10g Protein; 41g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 10mg Cholesterol; 160mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!