Enchilada Casserole con Crock Cooker
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 2/3 cups chunky salsa
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 30 ounces black beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 16 ounces frozen whole kernel corn thawed
- 7 ounces diced green chilis
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 ounces sliced black olives
- In a large bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (crushed tomatoes through garlic powder) and blend thoroughly.
- Pour about 1 cup of this mixture into a crock cooker and spread evenly. Top with 1 1/2 tortillas, cutting them to fit. Spread 1/3 of remaining tomato mixture over the top then repeat the layering process, ending with tomato mixture.
- Spread tomato mixture evenly and sprinkle with olives. Cover and cook on LOW for about 5 hours. Serve hot and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big salad on the side. Add warm buttered corn muffins. NON-VEGETARIAN SUGGESTION: (How's that for a switch??) If you like, you can add cooked, diced chicken breast meat OR browned ground beef. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure all items on this recipe (besides the corn, cumin and garlic powder) are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 355 Calories; 4g Fat; 16g Protein; 68g Carbohydrate; 16g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 1341mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 4 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!