El Dorado Ham Steaks
- 1 1/4 cups jalapeno jelly
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- olive oil
- 2 bone-in, thick-cut ham steaks 1-lb.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- In a small saucepan, heat the jalapeno jelly and garlic over medium heat until jelly has melted. Stir in the chopped cilantro. Reserve 1/3 cup of this mixture for serving. Lightly coat grill grate with a little olive oil.
- Grill ham steaks for 3 minutes then turn and brush with half of the remaining jelly mixture. Continue to grill for 3 minutes then turn and brush with remaining half of jelly mixture. Grill for 2 more minutes or until ham steaks are glazed and heated through.
- Serve topped with reserved jelly mixture and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: “Baked” sweet potatoes (“bake” in a slow cooker to keep your kitchen cool). Add a big bowl of coleslaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with mayo and a little rice vinegar). VEGETARIAN: Instead of ham, use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: Instead of ham, use boneless skinless chicken thighs. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure jalapeno jelly is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 360 Calories; 7g Fat; 30g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 1944mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 3 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!