Easy Chicken Mole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 4-oz.
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground allspice
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Blend well then pour over chicken in skillet. Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and pour skillet sauce on top. Serve immediately and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice and add a big salad. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato sauce, salsa, and cocoa powder are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 201 Calories; 6g Fat; 28g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 663mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!