Crustless Quiche Lorraine (Freezes well)
- 6 slices turkey bacon cooked and chopped, optional
- 1 cup shredded low fat Swiss cheese
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate. In a medium bowl, toss together bacon (if using), cheese, onion and flour.
- Spread mixture on the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. In a second medium bowl, beat together egg substitute and remaining ingredients (skim milk through cayenne pepper).
- Pour mixture over bacon/cheese “pie crust”. Bake, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow quiche to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with a big spinach salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add roasted baby red skin potatoes (toss potatoes in olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste; bake until tender). KOSHER: Use soy bacon, if desired. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure bacon and flour are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 173 Calories; 6g Fat; 19g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 30mg Cholesterol; 820mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!