Crock Cooker Pork Verde
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper de-seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 8-oz. jar salsa verde
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork and brown on all sides (you don't need to cook it through-it just needs to be browned on the outsides). Season with salt and pepper to taste then transfer to a slow cooker.
- To the same skillet, add onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and garlic. Sauté till onion is translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes, then place mixture on top of the tenderloin in the slow cooker. Add salsa verde and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or until pork is fork-tender. Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker and blend with juices. Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Fill large lettuce leaves with pork mixture OR use low carb tortillas; roll up and serve as wraps. Add a relish tray of carrot, celery and jicama sticks, grape tomatoes, cucumber spears and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Fill warmed whole wheat flour tortillas with pork mixture; top with a little salsa and low fat sour cream. Serve with relish tray (above) and add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa verde and chicken broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 350 Calories; 11g Fat; 50g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 148mg Cholesterol; 366mg Sodium. Exchanges: 7 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!