Crock Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/4 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash celery seed
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or use red grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until lightly browned, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine next 5 ingredients (tomatoes through wine or juice/vinegar). Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cheeses and sprinkle over the chicken (but don’t stir). Cover and continue to cook until cheeses melt, about 15 minutes.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Spaghetti Squash “Noodles” (cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and place on a lightly oiled baking sheet, cut sides up. Bake in a preheated 375-degree oven until tender then remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Scoop out seeds then, using a fork, scrape squash out of its shell in long, thin [spaghetti-like] strands). Add a salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, cucumber and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Angel Hair pasta instead of Spaghetti Squash “Noodles”. Add some garlic toast. KOSHER: Use soy cheeses. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes and wine (or juice/vinegar) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 294 Calories; 8g Fat; 46g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 108mg Cholesterol; 337mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!