Classic Steak Diane
- olive oil
- 6 4-oz. flank steaks trimmed
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 1/4 cup brandy or use additional broth
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups cooked couscous
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Aluminum foil
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook for 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat, place on a platter, and tent with foil.
- In same skillet, cook shallots and garlic till softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Add beef broth, brandy, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until liquid is reduced by almost half.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous. Thinly slice steaks against the grain (diagonally) and serve over hot couscous.
- Top with sauce, garnish with chopped chives, and enjoy!!!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed broccoli spears on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of steaks and vegetable broth instead of beef broth. Use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher and use vegetarian Worcestershire sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, brandy, mustard and Worcestershire sauce are gluten-free. Use gluten-free couscous. NUTRITION: Per serving: 308 Calories; 9g Fat; 28g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 116mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!