- 3 pounds pork tenderloin
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Aluminum foil
- Rinse tenderloin and pat dry. Place it in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a medium bowl, whisk together next 5 ingredients (soy sauce through cilantro), blending well until brown sugar has dissolved.
- Pour mixture over tenderloin then seal bag and marinate for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a little olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add tenderloin and sear on all sides (to lock in moisture) then transfer to a 9- x 13-inch pan filled with 1 cup of water.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees. Allow tenderloin to rest for a couple of minutes before slicing. Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced pork over shredded baby bokchoy. Add stir-fried sliced portabella mushrooms and snow peas on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sesame bread sticks. KOSHER: Substitute boneless skinless turkey breast for the pork tenderloin. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 478 Calories; 12g Fat; 75g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 221mg Cholesterol; 1982mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 10 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!