Chipotle Citrus Steak
- 4 6-oz. New York strip steaks or cut of your choice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steaks overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place steaks in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour mixture over steaks. Seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Grill marinated steaks for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to desired level of doneness.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee or coconut oil and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 484 Calories; 38g Fat; 30g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 104mg Cholesterol; 554mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 13
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!