Chinese Chicken Stew
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cubed
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place chicken cubes in a large slow cooker. Top with celery, bell pepper, onion and carrots.
- In medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (coco-aminos through ground cloves) until well blended. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (see Day 1 directions). Add stir-fried sliced zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas. NUTRITION: per serving: 227 Calories; 2g Fat; 38g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 938mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!