- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper de-seeded (or use whole if you really like spicy)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 skinless salmon fillets 6-oz.
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- In a food processor, blend together first 6 ingredients (cilantro through sea salt) until smooth. Set aside.
- Lightly sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve topped with chimichurri sauce and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, chili powder, ground cumin, and chopped green onions). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 282 Calories; 15g Fat; 34g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 587mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!