Chimichurri Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 baguette
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rub salt and pepper over the surface of the tenderloin and place it in a baking pan.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 145 degrees. Allow tenderloin to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before carving.
- Slice the baguette lengthwise and toast in the oven for 6 minutes or until crisp. Meanwhile, prepare chimichurri sauce: Combine next 7 ingredients (cilantro through crushed red pepper flakes) in a small food processor. Pulse until mixture reaches a sauce-like consistency.
- Thinly slice the tenderloin and the tomato. Spread chimichurri sauce on both slices of bread then pile with sliced tenderloin and tomato. Portion into 6 sandwiches and enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, radishes, cucumber spears and whole black olives. VEGETARIAN: Replace pork tenderloin with thin slices of roasted eggplant and zucchini. Prepare sandwiches as per above directions. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless turkey breast instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten-free. Use a gluten-free baguette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 380 Calories; 12g Fat; 24g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 823mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!