Chickpea and Veggie Stir-Fry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 1 large zucchini halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup chopped veggies clean out your crisper!
- 1/2 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat.
- Stir in oregano, basil, garlic and black pepper. Add garbanzo beans, zucchini and any vegetables from your crisper, stirring well to coat with oil and herbs.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in mushrooms and cilantro and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chopped tomato on top of the mixture then cover skillet and steam for 5 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice. Add a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure garbanzo beans are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 148 Calories; 5g Fat; 5g Protein; 23g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 321mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!