Chicken with Tandoori Spices
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 small jalapeno pepper de-seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 6 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro optional garnish
- Aluminum foil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours (see recipe).
- In a large non-reactive* bowl, whisk together first 10 ingredients (garlic through lime juice).
- Add chicken and turn to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours. At time of cooking, preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Remove chicken breast halves from yogurt/spice mixture and place them on a foil-lined baking sheet which has been lightly coated with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken registers 165 degrees.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: You’ll want to use a glass bowl here (or maybe plastic if you don’t have glass). A metal bowl may leach out into your food during the marinating time.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Whole wheat couscous and stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and halved grape tomatoes, tossed with salt, pepper, dried oregano and crumbled Feta cheese. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties. KOSHER: Use cultured soy instead of yogurt. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per serving: 225 Calories; 3g Fat; 42g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 101mg Cholesterol; 143mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!