- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup dry Marsala wine or use low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley
- Pound chicken pieces between two pieces of plastic wrap.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Remove from skillet and cover with foil wrap to keep warm.
- To the same skillet, add onion and mushrooms. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine (or broth) to the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. (At this point, judge the amount of liquid you want for the sauce. If you want more, add a little chicken broth.)
- Taste sauce and adjust seasonings. Pour vegetables and sauce over chicken and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole wheat couscous. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or broth) is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 311 Calories; 12g Fat; 40g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 159mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!