Chicken Cabbage Stew
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 head cabbage chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and sliced
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ghee melted, or use coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine then pour over chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker and blend with juices. Serve stew in bowls and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cauliflower and broccoli florets and sugar snap peas. NUTRITION: per serving: 273 Calories; 6g Fat; 42g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 970mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!