Camping Salad with Skirt Steak
- 1 pound skirt steak trimmed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 baguette cut into cubes, or use rustic bread
- 1 large yellow bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and diced
- 2 medium zucchini diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves chopped
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grill steak for 5 minutes per side then remove from grill and allow it to rest.
- Meanwhile, steam the corn for 3 to 5 minutes. Prepare vinaigrette: In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Toss bread cubes with remaining olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. In a large bowl, place remaining ingredients (bell pepper through basil).
- Cut steak into 1-inch slices and add to vegetables in the bowl. Add corn and baked bread cubes. Toss with vinaigrette, serve, and enjoy!!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: You don’t really need to add anything to this nutritious meal! VEGETARIAN: Skip the steak. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten free. Use gluten free bread or skip. NUTRITION: Per serving: 461 Calories; 15g Fat; 26g Protein; 57g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 38mg Cholesterol; 537mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!