Buffalo Crock Cooker Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 medium carrots peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 medium stalks celery cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 small onion quartered
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- In a slow cooker, place all ingredients except hot sauce. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Discard vegetables then shred the chicken with 2 forks and blend with juices. Add hot sauce, stir well and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Fill large Romaine lettuce leaves with shredded chicken and some crock cooker juices then roll up to make wraps. Add a relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, grape tomatoes, cucumber spears and radishes. SERVING SUGGESTION: Instead of Romaine lettuce leaves, use warmed whole wheat flour tortillas. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and hot sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 481 Calories; 17g Fat; 71g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 202mg Cholesterol; 1211mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!