Boneless Pork Chops with Chutney
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 small Spanish onion sliced
- 1/2 small mango chopped
- 1 small Gala apple cored and chopped
- 1 shallot chopped
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 medium orange zested, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add onions to the skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside. Raise skillet heat to medium-high then add pork chops and cook until lightly browned.
- Turn chops then return sautéed onions to the pan.
- Meanwhile, prepare chutney: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine next 9 ingredients (mango through cayenne pepper) along with the orange zest (if desired).
- Cook until mango, apple and shallot have softened and mixture has thickened about 20 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick before serving. Enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and garlicky sautéed baby spinach. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 355 Calories; 18g Fat; 31g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 110mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!