Beefy Lettuce Wraps
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 medium avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Pour off any excess liquid from the pan.
- Add corn, chili powder, and soy sauce. Cook and stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Pile mixture onto lettuce leaves, add diced avocado and roll up into wraps. Enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, cucumber spears, grape tomatoes, and whole black olives. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve beef mixture in warmed whole wheat flour tortillas instead of lettuce leaves. KOSHER: Use kosher ground beef. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: 436 Calories; 12g Fat; 15g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 31mg Cholesterol; 644mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!